Icon Cellars Google Virtual Tour in Woodinville, WaNovember 21, 2017
Video Overview of Google Street View See Inside for BusinessesFebruary 21, 2018
Having a virtual tour of your business is a great way to let customers visit your business 24/7. It is also a great way to enhance your Google My Business listing and will improve the likelihood of your business showing up in a higher position when someone searches for your product or services.
Search Engine Watch has some great statistics on local search which shows the importance of having not only a complete Google Business listing, but going a little further the enhance that listing to bet better rankings.
Local Search Behavior Statistics
- 80 percent of Google search interest in “near me” came from mobile in Q4 2014. (Think with Google)
- 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information. (Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased)
- 18 percent of local smartphone searches led to a purchase within a day. (Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased)
- 88 percent of users search on a smartphone, while 84 percent search on a computer/tablet. (Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased)
- 54 percent of smartphone users search for business hours, 53 percent search for directions to a local store. (Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased)
- 4 in 5 consumers want ads customized to their city, zip code, or immediate surroundings. (Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased)
- >70 percent of consumers say it’s important to have directions and a call button in ads. (Google/Ipsos MediaCT/Purchased)
- 2.1X: The increase in mobile searches for “stores open now” or “food open now” in the past year. (Think with Google)
- 1.3: The number of times mobile searches for “where to buy/find/get” increased in the past year. (Think with Google)
- 65 percent of people use their phone in their I-want-to-buy moments. (Think with Google)
- 76 percent of people who search on their smartphones for something nearby visit a business within a day and 28 percent of those searches for something nearby result in a purchase. (Think with Google)
So, is your Google Business listing important? It sure is if you are concerned about generating more income. Make sure to keep it up to date and as compelling as possible.
Here are a couple of more important stats. Businesses with photos on their listings receive 42 percent more requests for driving directions on Google Maps and 35 percent more click-throughs to their websites than businesses that without photos, according to Google. That means more business. What is what we do is add photographs including 360° panoramic virtual tours to business listings at very affordable rates. Contact us today to order one of our packages for your business.